As a project manager, you’ll be required to provide day-to-day strategic and tactical leadership for the delivery team on client engagements. Scope of responsibilities span the entire project lifecycle from planning to initiation through execution and tracking and then closing. A Project manager is responsible for client satisfaction, project delivery and project financials.
Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- Estimate and plan project with detailed project tracking controls.
- Manage day-to-day project operations serving as the lead on the project team.
- Identify and secure resources (internal and contract resources as needed) to provide the right mix of expertise and skills for the project.
- Review deliverables prepared by the project team before submitting to the client.
- Identify, quantify, and manage risk to project delivery.
- Prepare project documentation such as project schedules and cost estimates.
- Demonstrate experience in requirements gathering and functional design.
- Manage UAT process using test plans and scripts prepared by technical team, report test status, manage resolution of bugs.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day client and team contact for the project.
- Schedule and lead recurring project status meetings with the client.
- Serve as the liaison between internal/external teams and keeps all parties well informed of relevant project updated, decisions, actions, issues and risks.
- Organise and structure communications appropriately for the target audience (from internal team to C-level clients)
- Demonstrate ability to set and manage client expectations.
- Develop long-lasting trusted advisor relationships with clients.
- Maintain a good understanding of new and emerging technologies and their potential application for clients.
- Demonstrate experience in one of more of the following: Consumer mobile apps/websites, E-commerce platforms, Social media, SAAS, PPC/PPA marketing.
- Understand the application and benefits of human-centred design.
- Responsible for time reporting and subsequent client invoicing and collections.
- Prepare cost estimates and proposals.
- Accurately forecast revenue, profitability, margins, billing, and resource utilisation.
- Track project progress vs. plan.
- Bachelors degree
- At least 2 years experience in a project manager role managing design and technical teams.
- Self-starters, able to quickly learn and practically apply new knowledge in a fast-paced client driven environment.
- Extremely detail oriented. Able to quickly forecast risks, implications.
- Intelligent problem-solving skills. Able to navigate through unplanned disruptions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as people management skills.
- Understanding of Scrum project management methodology.
For Extra Brownie Points
- PMI certification
Please send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and other relevant links.