1. Using JY Timer
a. Who can use JY Timer You may use our Products only if you can form a binding contract with JY Timer, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. Some of our Products may be software that is downloaded to your computer, phone, tablet, or other device. You agree that we may automatically upgrade those Products, and these Terms will apply to such upgrades.
b. Our license to you Subject to these Terms and our policies, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Products.
c. Commercial use of JY Timer If you want to use our Products for commercial purposes, you must first obtain prior written approval from Alphapod Sdn Bhd.
d. Feedback you provide We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can make JY Timer more awesome. If you choose to submit comments, ideas or feedback, you agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your submission, JY Timer does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to JY Timer, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
2. Security We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your content and account, JY Timer cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures.
3. Third-Party Links, Sites, and Services Our Products may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by JY Timer. We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third party website, service, or content from JY Timer, you do so at your own risk and you agree that JY Timer will have no liability arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
4. Termination JY Timer may terminate or suspend this license at any time, with or without cause or notice to you. Upon termination, you continue to be bound by Sections 4-10 of these Terms.
5. Indemnity If you use our Products for commercial purposes in violation of Section 1(c), as determined in our sole and absolute discretion, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless JY Timer and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, suits, proceedings, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees (including costs of defense of claims, suits or proceedings brought by third parties), in any way related to (a) your access to or use of our Products, or (b) your breach of any of these Terms.
6. Disclaimers The Products and all included content are provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. JY Timer SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
7. Limitation of Liability TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, JY Timer SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE PRODUCTS; (B) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; OR (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT.
8. Arbitration For any dispute you have with JY Timer, you agree to first contact us and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. If JY Timer has not been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) arising out of or in connection with or relating to these Terms by binding arbitration by the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (“KLRCA”).
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. We each agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state court located in Kuala Lumpur, for any actions not subject to Section 10 (Arbitration).
Our Products are controlled and operated from Malaysia, and we make no representations that they are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
10. General Terms Notification Procedures and changes to these Terms. JY Timer reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, and you agree to receive legal notices electronically if we so choose. We may revise these Terms from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on our website. If a revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you. By continuing to access or use the Products after revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Products.
11. Assignment These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by JY Timer without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
13. No Waiver No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and JY Timer’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
This policy is to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have regarding your information.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it. When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name and email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using JY Timer on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to JY Timer, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We get technical information when you use our products. These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded in an automated way. The same is true when you use our products, and here are some of the types of information we collect in this way. Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using JY Timer on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect? We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect JY Timer and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to:
• Send you newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You can decide to stop getting these updates by unsubscribing to our updates (or through other settings we may provide).
• Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever JY Timer does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information? Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a JY Timer account, many of the choices you have on JY Timer are built directly in to the product. For example, you can link or unlink your JY Timer from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on JY Timer to that service.
How do we share the information we collect?
The limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
• When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your JY Timer app to those services or publish your activity on JY Timer to them. For example, you can choose to publish your pins to Facebook or Twitter.
• If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or JY Timer; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
• We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
• We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a business using JY Timer how many people shared a devotional, or the percentage of people subscribed for our newsletter.
Our Policy on Children’s Information JY Timer is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use JY Timer after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.